What is dermaplaning?
The process involves using a scalpel to remove peach fuzz and lightly exfoliate the skin’s surface. Dermatologist started incorporating it as an add-on to their treatments in the past few years as a way to professionally remove hair from your face without lasers, tweezers, wax, or other painful alternatives. A chemical-free exfoliation, the blade is scraped over your skin surface to gently remove the dead surface cells and that little layer of peach-fuzz facial hair, leaving the skin ultra-smooth, fresh and glowing. Plus, when you apply your makeup afterwards, you’ll find it goes on as smoothly as silk, which is why dermaplaning is in such demand as a pre-event treatment.
The benefits of dermaplaning
1. It removes the dead surface cells and facial hair that can trap oils and dirt, leaving the skin ultra-smooth, fresh and glowing.
2. Not only does it help product penetrate and absorb deeper into the skin, but makeup goes on more smoothly afterwards.
3. Using vitamin C, hyaluronic acid and retinol post treatment will be more effective and fast-track their results.
4. Combined with a peel, dermaplaning can lift dry, dead skin, reduce the appearance of pigmentation and help diminish rosacea and acne scars.
5. Fine lines are softened and the skin texture is left more even.
6. Dermaplaning is suitable for all skin types.